Welcome to the Pals January 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “From the Heart” featuring heartfelt projects like Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and Sympathy. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
The beautiful new stamp set and bundle, Petal Palette is certainly a must-have, but the star of the show here is the DSP! It’s called Painted With Love Specialty DSP and is in the new Occasions Catalog!
I must say that photographing this paper is a little tricky (for the paper with the strands of gold or silver), but trust me… when you see it in person you will truly appreciate these beautiful designs!
I highlighted the gold strands in this paper by using the Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder to emboss the sentiment, which is from the Petal Palette Stamp Set. I used one of the thinlits dies from the Petals & More Thinlits Dies (part of the bundle) to crop out the sentiment. I ran a few strands of gold twine around the sentiment tag and tied a bow and then I popped it up with some Stampin’ Mini Dimensionals.
I stamped the large floral image from the same stamp set in Calypso Coral to pick up the color from the DSP. I stamped it on a Whisper White scrap and then used the Big Shot to crop out the image. Once cropped, I used my Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends (Light) to fill in just the flower buds and left the leaves uncolored. I also popped this image up with some Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added a couple of Gold Faceted Gems to the card front and was finished with – yet another beautiful card from this fabulous stamp set and bundle! This one will be perfect for Valentine’s Day! 🙂
Here are some measurements:
- Card Base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Calypso Coral base layer – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- DSP base layer – 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Calypso Coral layer – 4-3/8″ x 3″
- DSP top layer – 3-7/8″ x 1-3/4″
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on February 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme Crafts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Kat Chancellor at Stamp ART Connection
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Milligan at Stampin’ Made Simple
Thanks for visiting today! Happy Stamping!