This is another set where the DSP steals the show…..
This beautiful DSP with Gold Foil strands throughout each of the designs is truly a show stopper! I used Gold Emboss Powder and a sentiment from the stamp set, Petal Palette (which is another (2-box) set beauty)! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I picked up the Calypso Coral in the DSP and used the Calypso Coral card stock for both the card base and the top layer. I used a heart die (retired from years ago) and did an Eclipse technique, where I filled in the space with a coordinating piece of card stock and then placed the die piece over and in line with the image border. I popped the heart up with some dimensionals and liked the way it turned out!
A little tip on the cropping of the shape…. It is always a good idea to spritz the paper first with just a bit of water so that you don’t see the ridges of the framelits once you remove the cropped image. It didn’t seem to work that well with this paper. I think the foil areas are too thin and tend to keep the indent! But in this case, I was fine with it since it gave the heart a little bit more interest!
I embossed the sentiment with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and absolutely love how it looks like its just part of the DSP! I added one Gold Faceted Gem to just below the sentiment! This was really a quick and easy card to put together and I hope you like it!
Be sure to join my newsletter list for weekly specials and a FREE packet of five of my favorite card sketches!
- Shop lollypoppaperandink.stampinup.net – or click on any of the images below to be connected to my shop
- Use the Host Code 7TGJGKV7 on all orders under $150
- Order over $150 and receive Stampin’ Rewards
- All orders receive a FREE gift from me
- All orders over $50 receive FREE Sale-A-Bration rewards
- This month’s incentive is Tutti-Frutti Adhesive Back Sequins – FREE – with $75 purchase. See the details HERE.
I love hearing from you! If you have a question or thoughts to share about today’s post, please feel free to leave a comment!