This card uses a tissue paper technique that I thought was so cool, I just had to try it! I came by this technique scrolling through YouTube videos and came across this one from 2012! My first thought was… why so long ago! 🙂
So here’s how you get this look:
- Stamp right on a piece of tissue paper – sentiment included
- Scrunch the tissue paper into a ball and gently open it up
- Use a glue stick and cover the entire piece of (Whisper White) card stock
- Here’s the tricky part — glue the stamped tissue paper down without applying any pressure. You don’t want to smooth it out too much and lose the crinkled effect. You can try to use adhesive, but I found that it flattened out the tissue paper as I was adhering it to the card stock. It really looked fine either way
- Fussy cut (that’s what I did) or use your paper trimmer to cut around the finished layer
Before adhering it to another piece of Whisper White card stock, I ran a piece of the Peekaboo Peach Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and tied a knot off center. I used the Garden in Bloom stamp set and used Peekaboo Peach and Old Olive ink for the stamping.
I popped up the tissue layer over the (1/4″ larger on both sides) Whisper White layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals, which was already adhered to the Peekaboo Peach card base. And that was it! 🙂
I hope you liked today’s card! All of the products I used for this project are available for purchase. I have the items listed below.
When you do make a purchase, please remember to use the Host Code -6Y67NNRN so that I can continue sending a free thank you gift at the end of the month! 🙂
If you are not currently working with a demonstrator, I would love to have you as a customer. I offer excellent customer service and free items with qualifying orders.
If you would like a copy of the new Annual 2017-2018 Catalog or a copy of the new Holiday Catalog, just email me and I will be happy to pop one in the mail for you.
Remember – today is the last day of Bonus Days! (Receive a $5 coupon for each $50 purchase). See this post HERE for all the details!
Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments! I would love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you get a chance to visit again soon!